Have you ever seen a UFC fight? I know for some it may be a bit too violent for your liking….I get that. However, I can’t help but take notice and appreciate how STRONG they look and the mental fortitude they must have to be willing to step in a ring with another competitor and duke it out for the championship.
You may not believe it or perhaps you’re just not aware but there are many benefits to practicing MMA. In today’s post, I want to shed some light on those benefits and share how you can begin practicing right in the comfort and privacy of your home.
Benefits of MMA Practice
Let me give you a few reasons why training in true MMA or with an MMA workout system really rocks:
- It’s a huge confidence boost. Ever worried that you wouldn’t be able to throw a punch? Kick those nerves to the curb as you learn and do moves from Muay Thai, boxing, Jiu Jitsu, Tae Kwan Do, Karate AND Capoeira! (Plus, let’s be real, who DOESN’T feel confident when they look their best?)
- You’re technically learning self-defense while you’re blasting fat and burning calories. Win? WIN.
- Working out a la MMA is incredible. It’s a full-body, sweat-producing awesome kind of exertion, so it’s probably no surprise that it helps you get in amazing shape.
- It’s also a huge stress reliever. This kind of intense workout is SO incredible at helping melt away your stress (and any pent up anger).
- You don’t need to be a man to do MMA. Ladies can be fierce too! And what better way to channel/tap into that inner fiercitude than training using moves from some of the top martial artists out there?
There’s a reason MMA practitioners are thoroughly ripped: It’s an intense, full-body and usually somewhat high-impact practice. The good news though, in my humble opinion, is you don’t have to get in a ring and throw down with a cage fighter to be shredded like one. #SCORE
Prepare for Combat
Let me introduce you to my friends, Dan and Rachel and a kick-ass program called Les Mills Combat.
You may have heard of or even attended a gym class called Body Combat. It’s the same format used in the Les Mills Combat program. What makes it even more cool is that you can do it in the comfort and privacy of your home.
Not only will these workouts help you get shredded, they’re set to awesome music, so they’re a total blast. You’ll be huffin’ and puffin’ your way to one fine body as you’re groovin’ and burning off any pent up anger or frustration.
Does finishing a workout with a clear head sound like a WIN to you?
I’m just curious, did you read that heading and sing it to the tune of the popular Journey song? 😉
Now – don’t start thinking that these workouts aren’t doable. They ARE. That’s the best part.
As with any workout-at-home system, you can work within your own fitness range. Can’t polish off that full set of burpees? No prob. Catch your breath while you step in place to the beat.
Let’s Talk Nutrition
As with any good fitness routine, your nutrition is also important. #absaremadeinthekitchen It is really difficult to get all of the vitamins and nutrients that your body needs from the food that you eat. Hence why many people take multi-vitamins and a hand full of other supplements. I used to do the same until I discovered Shakeology.
Shakeology is my daily dose of dense nutrition and it goes down like a chocolate milkshake. #nomnomnom
For those of you who can relate to having a ravenous sweet tooth, this has helped satisfy my sweet tooth WHILE giving me all the amazing goodness that my body needs.
Fitness + Nutrition + Support = SUCCESS
You WILL achieve success by committing 100% to:
- Following the workout schedule
- Following the nutrition guide
- Replacing a meal a day with Shakeology
- Participating in a group of people who are doing the same
The Les Mills Combat Challenge Pack gives you all of that.
- There are seven different workouts – from learning and mastering the basic moves to High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) to pure cardio goodness. There are even shorter and longer workouts, so you can fit it into your schedule on the days you’re running short on time.
- It comes with a workout schedule to follow and a nutrition guide so that you can best fuel your body for your workouts.
- You also get a 30 day supply of Shakeology.
- In addition to the full Combat system, you also get the “Live” workout DVD free as well as free online support. PLUS, you even get me as your personal coach!
If you’re interested in giving Combat a shot, you may actually want to take advantage of the discounted Challenge Pack that’ll be available in March.
To get your Challenge Pack, click the “Be Your Own Warrior” image and you will be redirected to the Team Beachbody website. The Challenge Group will start March 10th. You’ll need to order no later than the 3rd in order to make sure that your challenge pack arrives in time.
Ready for our own March madness? LET’S DO THIS!!